Full-Stack Application Developers
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Located in Vancouver B.C. TICit Hub is an enterprise SaaS provider for the Inspection Industry working with large Oil and Gas as well as Mining and Agriculture companies.
Our clients include global giants such as BP, Chevron, Exxon and Shell. Our applications track and monitor cargo movements across the globe, helping the industry reduce loss and waste. In addition, our unique data provides insights into the worldwide commodity market that no other company can match.
We are looking for talented full stack engineers; if you have a passion for software development, we’d love to hear from you as we have a mixture of problems we need to solve across the industry.
In this role, you will be a critical component in the evolution of TICit Hub's technology and products. To support our growth ambitions, we are developing a completely new set of SaaS applications and services as well as new data products for commodity and market traders.
Using the latest web technologies, we are enabling quick-learning team players to shine in a fast-paced environment. Not only will you be building the apps, services and supporting infrastructure for our products, you will also work closely with data analysts and product owners to help guide the direction of the product.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement new solutions to address business needs, such as real-time analytics for vessel movement events
- Work with data scientists and analysts to create technical solutions for key business problems
- Develop new features and refactor existing code for scalable, reliable, and maintainable APIs
- Implement test coverage to validate expectations and help ensure system reliability
- Work closely with DevOps on our cloud hosted services, creating new instances, scaling services, managing security, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, communicate and document procedures, as well as recommending architectural changes where necessary
Skills and Experience
We don’t expect new hires to have in-depth experience with all of these, but this is a list of technologies we use and experience we look for:
- ES6 coding patterns
- Functional and imperative code styles
- REST APIs
- Leveraging NPM to accelerate application development
- Streaming and event-based applications
- Redux, ag-Grid
- MVC web applications
- HTML templates
- RPC and REST APIs
- Symfony and related frameworks
- SQL database integration
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka
- DevOps, application lifecycle
- Git, Github, Bitbucket
- Docker, docker-compose, Kubernetes
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- AWS, GCP, Azure, Joyent
- Networking, VPN, DNS
- Linux command line tools
Nice to Have Attributes
- Computer science degree
- Prior C, C++, Haskell or Functional Programming experience
- Familiarity with current front-end technologies including React and task runners like webpack and/or grunt.
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines like Heroku pipelines and Review Apps
- Comfortable working in a start-up like environment in our innovation lab (agile or scrum experience a plus)
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.